Monday, June 17, 2013

MY FIRST FATKINI: CURVY GIRL STYLE

Hello My Gorgeous Divas,

I am back from my week long vacay in Panama City with my family and I must say we really enjoyed ourselves.

PCB has become our annual family trip for the summer. It is very kid friendly and only a four hour drive from where I live in Georgia.


This was my first time ever taking an entire week off from work. Yes, I know that is crazy. But, I will be taken a week vacation from work from now on. I am refreshed, renewed and refocused.

So, let’s get into... 

What is a Fatkini?

It's a two piece bathing suit worn by a curvy yet confident plus size diva.

After seeing so many other curvy girls rocking their fatkini’s, I decided to step out of my shell and rock my first ever fatkini.

I was very nervous purchasing these swimsuits from Forever 21. I came up with every negative thought and excuse on why I shouldn’t buy them. But, after doing my research and seeing other bloggers such as everythingcurvyandchic.com reviews on theses swimsuits, I said what the heck. 

When I received the swimsuits in the mail I was super excited and nervous at the same time. I tried them on and I instantly fell in love with them especially, the tropical one.  Even my daughter agreed that the fatkini's looked nice on me and coming from her that is a great compliment.

Let's start with my favorite fatkini that I named....

Tropical Paradise





Swimsuit/Fatkini: Forever 21 (currently sold out online check your local Forever 21 store)
Shades: Forever 21
Hat: Wet Seal


I love the tropical colors in this swimsuit because it can compliment any skin tone. The bottoms does run bigger than the top, which I liked being that I am bottom heavy. The top support is okay if, you are not top heavy. I wear a 40 DD and I could of worn this without a swimsuit bra but, I opted not to because who wants to have a saggy chest on the beach.

I ordered my strapless swimsuit bra from www.fullbeauty.com It dries very quickly once out of the water and gives the "girls" great support to pull your look together. I actually order a 40DDD in this swimbra and the fit was perfect.



Pink & Tribal Print


Swimsuit/Fatkini: Forever 21 (currently not online check local Forever 21 store)
Tribal Skirt: Walmart (PS. you will see me remix this skirt)
Shades: Old Navy

Pink & Black are my two favorite colors. This swimsuit is simple, yet chic. The color is magnificent. It’s not your ordinary pink it's more of an electric/neon pink.
Instead of doing a kaftan or a swim cover up, I opted for long maxi skirt which I purchased from Wal-Mart
YES WAL-MART!!
The only complaint I have about this two piece is that the bottoms are kinda see thru and I would suggest wearing a cover up. Other than that it was a beauty.


I am so glad that I purchased these bathing suits. I am so proud of myself for stepping outside my box and  not letting my fear get in the way.

Hopefully this post can inspire others to not limit themselves on what society may deem as acceptable. Go for it and ROCK YOUR CURVES!!

I saw this question on Instagram that said "How to get a bikini body? "

Answer: Get a bikini on and go to the beach. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment