Friday, October 11, 2013

THICK vs CURVY vs FAT

Hello My Gorgeous Divas,

I came across some beautiful pictures from PLUS Model magazine featuring Tiffany Banks & Ray Edwards from the Atlanta Falcons on a blog this morning.



The title of the blog was Thick vs Curvy. I already knew where this article was going to go. Here are some of the comments that were posted.

Comment 1
just because someone is slim does not mean everything they wear looks good.Ive seen thick girls rock clothes that a slim girl just couldn’t pull off. Whether or not it was that she had no hips or curves that the outfit called for, or she was too flat.

Comment 2
I´m sorry every plus size woman is not curvy

Comment 3

If you over weight & looking like sponge bob you’re not curvy.

Comment 4
Calling a woman who is obese "curvy" is simply a play on words that will keep her in denial about the truth longer. In the process of you lying to her and her lying to herself she kicks the bucket do to her "curves" crushing her vital organs, she will have no one to blame but those who have lied to her!

Comment 5
I think I’m pleasantly proportioned. As long as my waist is smaller than my hips I’m "FINE".

Comment 6
doesn´t matter imma big girl but I don´t think less of myself because of it there are some beautiful plussize women in this world and some gorgeous thick ladies with curves in all the right places life should be about celebrating and uplifting yourself as a woman but like always we gotta label that is or it isn´t right somehow

Comment 7
The prefer curvy because if they thought they where fat they would have to deal with the truth 4 out of 5 black women are obese according to the bmi scale and they hide behind "thick" or "curvy" to hide bad eating habbits and poor lifestyle choices. Bones are not big and I honestly thing that if there was a pill that would make them instantly fit and slim they would take in without a second thought


And the comments go on and on and the health gurus, unceritifed nutrionist, no degree doctors had to go on their rant about how unhealthy it is to be thick/curvy.

I’ve been called thick, fat, chucky, plus size, big gul, curvy and whatever other name you can think of.

The question that was posed in the blog is when describing your size, what term do YOU prefer?

For me personally, I don’t get caught up in all the hype of being called thick, curvy or even fat. I know who I am.  

I am a beautiful woman with a beautiful body who so happens to have curves. Period!

The word thick has been taken to another level. I’ve heard people say fat woman are not consider thick if your stomach is bigger than your hips. The only way you can describe yourself as thick is if you have no stomach and a big butt. 

Who came up with this definition because this is not what the dictionary defines "thick" as?  

Labeling yourself as term shouldn’t define you. We all come in all shapes and sizes. Why limit yourself to a term?

It is sad that we live in a world where you are not accepted for who you are regardless of your weight, ethnicity or social status we are all unique. I am all for being healthy and do understand the risks of being overweight but , I am not going to stop loving myself or wearing nice clothing just because of my weight or what society thinks about me.

You too crazy if you think that? LOL!!

I want all women to love themselves regardless of what body type you are. We were all made divinely beautiful by the hand of the most High.


Kudos to Ms. Tiffany Banks!! This is sexy yet classy.

Tell me what you think about the terms thick & curvy to describe plus size women.

No comments:

Post a Comment